November 21, 2023 10:18 AMGlobal Sanctions Analyst @ Zero Hash
DeFiZero HashUnited Kingdom
About the Role:
As a global sanctions compliance analyst, you will partner with the compliance team to drive the execution of key priorities. This role will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and adjudicating alerts as a first-level reviewer. This position will play a key role in conducting sanctions investigations and assessing fraudulent activity, as well as evaluate customer risk based on negative media and PEP reviews.
WE ARE TARGETING CANDIDATES CURRENTLY BASED IN THE UK. THIS ROLE IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR RELOCATION.
(1-2 YEARS OF AML/SANCTIONS/TESTING EXPERIENCE -OR- RECENT GRADUATE)
● Daily adherence to and compliance with all applicable federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to the Office of Foreign Assets Control, as well as adhering to company policies, procedures and client requirements;
● Maintain an understanding of global sanctions regulations;
● Daily execution of duties related to complying with various global sanctions programs, including reporting;
● Conduct alert adjudication and investigations resulting from watchlist alerts generated by automated screening tools;
● Identify and escalate any issues that impact the quality of the alerts generated;
● Conduct reviews of negative media and PEP alerts
● Following up with appropriate channels when problems are found;
● Addressing and discussing issues and proposed solutions with management;
● Assist in automating compliance department functionality and make recommendations on ways to make internal processes more efficient;
● Regularly update and ensure the accuracy of all tracking logs for metrics reporting;
● Support with the continuous improvement of training materials and operating procedures for the overall sanctions compliance team;
● Apply industry experience to meet or exceed client needs and expectations within
required timelines and commitments;
● Work and contribute to a team-oriented and collaborative environment to improve the
analytical and reporting processes;
● Other ad hoc duties as assigned.
● College degree
● 1-2 years of AML/Sanctions/Testing experience -or- recent graduate
● Experience working with third party automated screening tools a plus but not required
● Strong familiarity with Google Suite and Microsoft Suite products
● Hardworking and driven
● Strong time management skills and ability to execute tasks within tight deadlines
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Strong interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with colleagues across regions and business units
● Experience and comfort working in an ever-changing industry and the flexibility to quickly react to changing demands.
● Excellent organizational skill
● Crypto experience a plus but not required
● CAMS or CGSS certification a plus but not required
● Experience with MSBs a plus but not required
We believe that the best way to succeed is by having a happy, motivated and healthy team. We offer the following benefits:
● Chance to earn equity
● Maternity & Paternity leave (after 6 months of employment)
● Volunteer Time Off
● WeWork Membership
● $500 annual WFH budget
● $1,000 annual L&D budget (after 6 months employment)
About Zero Hash:
Zero Hash is a B2B embedded infrastructure platform that allows any platform to integrate digital assets natively into their own customer experience quickly and easily (a matter of API endpoints). We power neo-banks, broker-dealers, and payment groups to offer digital asset trading and custody, crypto-backed rewards and round-ups programs as well as yield through staking and DeFi and NFTs.
Our thesis is very simple: every financial services firm will offer digital assets within the next 2 years and will do so through platforms such as Zero Hash. Zero Hash is defining the new FinTech vertical of digital-assets-as-a-service.
Clients include MoneyLion, Wirex, Deserve, MoonPay, tastytrade. Backed by Point 72 Ventures, NYCA, Bain Capital, tastytrade.
The Zero Hash Culture
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence/Ownership - An ability to work autonomously. Join Zero Hash, pitch ideas, and shape the work you do.
- Passion - We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. We want you to think big, be creative and make a difference every day.
- Collaborative - A good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers. Everything we do is a shared success and equally a shared failure - we talk in terms of “we” not “me”.
- Initiative - An ability and passion for learning and asking questions. We will champion you, challenge you and push you to achieve your best - and we expect you to do the same.
- Empathy - An ability to listen, respect, and understand your co-workers, customers, and everyone you interact with no matter how different they are to you.
- Adaptability - An ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.
- Transparency - We believe that transparency is critical to empowering everyone to make the best decisions, both the company to its people and vice versa.
- Integrity - Integrity creates trust. As both an organization collectively and as individuals, it is our most valuable asset.